Saturday, January 23, 2016

Learning Challenges


After watching the two videos, I was very surprised that I have never seen the Jelly Bean Video. It's an incredible example of how our daily routines take up such a huge part of our lives. From hygiene, to commuting... Putting a visual to those concepts gave me a slight panic attack. It makes me not want to be staring at my computer screen. It makes me want to jump out of my chair, grab my friends and go on a spontaneous adventure. This all relates back to time, the time we waste or spend a lot of time doing silly, fun, irrelevant, routine tasks. As a student, I identified with the Time Management side of Learning by HEART. 


I procrastinate to spend time with friends. I justify it with creating memories.
I procrastinate because I know this task will take a long time.. and that's a lot of commitment.
I will find myself unconsciously on Facebook without realizing I left my homework assignment.

There isn't one solution to this problem. The Science of Procrastination encourages students to put a timer on your task to create a sort of deadline. This is a great idea to keep yourself on track. I think this would be beneficial for me because I makes me focus for a certain period of time instead of allowing myself to get side-tracked. At the end of the day, time is fleeting. It's hard to make sure you're living life to the fullest, and making the most use of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment