Thursday, January 21, 2016

Not so Un-Familiar Un-Textbook Overview


The first unit that grabbed my attention was Alice in Wonderland. When trying to come up with a name for my blog I searched through the different units to see if something witty and funny came to mind. I wasn't very successful, but I was curious when I saw Alice in Wonderland. The second unit that really caught my attention was Alice's Looking Glass. I looked up a brief summary online and decided that I would name my blog through the myth-folklore looking glass. Since it inspired my blog name, I can't wait to read more about the story and have concrete details. I have seen the Alice in Wonderland movie and grew up watching it, but have never heard of Alice Through the Looking Glass.



The third unit that caught my attention was the unit that I used for my Storytelling assignment, Aesop (Winter).  I don't know what it was, but when I was trying to come up with a story I had a really difficult time. I decided to take a second look at the other options and as soon as I saw Aesop for children, it clicked. They were simple, easy and left room for any sort of creative direction that I wanted to take. I look forward to reading more fables! I also love learning about the women in the bible. I think there is such depth to each of them and something that we can learn from each one. For Week two, I will most likely be reading and writing an blog post on one of the women from the Bible. 

I look forward to using this class as a "Looking Glass" to discover new things and new perspectives.


No comments:

Post a Comment